Thursday, September 24, 2009

Intro:

So a little over two weeks ago I packed my bags, said my goodbyes and left my homeland of New Zealand to start a new life in a little country called Switzerland. I left behind a wonderful job at a brewery, my extensive collection of books and games and some incredible friends, but lets not get too sentimental here.

I decided to make the change for several of reasons, first and foremost is of course my beautiful Swiss-Girl, who I would follow anywhere. Secondly I wanted to see the world, experience new cultures and of course sample their beer. And lastly, it just felt like the right thing to do, Kiwi's are natural born travelers and explorers, it's in our blood. My Grandfather sailed to NZ from Wales when he was young and in a way I'm following his tradition, finding a new country and making it my home.

So with this Blog I hope to document my adventures, making note of all the weird and wonderful goings on in this beautiful country and keeping track of my progress as I try to learn the language, find a job and settle in to my new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment